It’s Day 2 of 2012, this is the time where everyone makes a New Year’s resolution – or ten. People come up with crazy things to change about themselves on New Year’s Day. Some will stick with some of their resolutions until December 31, 2012; some others might make it til July, most will probably give up before we get around to March. If you need help sticking with your resolution, whatever it may be, check out stickk.com. It makes you accountable by letting you share with friends/family how you’re doing and if you slack off, instead of giving up, those same family and friends can send you motivational messages.
I always think the best way to stick to a goal, whether it’s a New Year’s resolution or anything else, is to make yourself accountable. Let someone know what you’re up to, form a buddy system if that keeps you going, but if you do it all by yourself it’s easier for you to slack off and get off track.
Here are some of my New Year’s resolutions (the ones that aren’t too private, at least):
- Blog at least 2-3 times a week
- Be more open to new experiences
- Say yes more often to invitations/plans
- Be open to relationships without fear
- Start putting a book together and make it more concrete than pages in a notebook
- Be less picky (in various areas)
- Be more active/ workout (I usually stick with this all year, but in busts, I’ll be all in for a month or two then take a 3 week break, etc. I need to do it and not stop)
- Read the newspaper more
- Read more books – This year I read 10.5 (sorry there was one I just couldn’t stick through no matter how hard I tried). Ten books are more than I usually stick to in a year, I have to thank my handy little NookColor. I’d like to aim for 15 next year.
- Read more magazines in French (to try to keep the French I did learn in high school)
- Be more financially savvy
- Learn to cook more meals
- Have plans to move in to somewhere new by 2013
- Be healthier all around
- Freelance more consistently
- Give my blog its own web address
- Travel more – at least two destinations in 2012